- May 16, 2017
- Posted by: Vaughan Gething AM
- Category: Latest News
Wales’ national institutions will benefit from almost £45 million of funding from the Welsh Labour Government funding this year, Economy Secretary Ken Skates has announced. The investment during 2017-18 will see Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales, the National Library of Wales and the People’s Collection Wales digital heritage programme build on their work, helping fund exhibitions, events and programmes as well as caring for Wales’ icultural heritage.
Highlights for the year ahead include:
- The completion of significant elements of St Fagans.
- A new Dinosaur exhibition at the National Museum Cardiff.
- The redevelopment of the National Library’s family learning area.
- The People’s Collection Wales will offer local communities support in capturing local culture and heritage on-line as well as opening up digital collections to all.
- The organisations will also be supporting the Welsh Labour Government’s Year of Legends, Fusion and Cymru’n Cofio / Wales Remembers programmes, providing a full range of exciting and thought-provoking activities and events for people of all ages.