- January 17, 2018
- Posted by: Vaughan Gething AM
- Category: Latest News
I have received the following update from Network Rail
February 2018 represents a major milestone towards the electrification of the railway to Cardiff. Work on Splott Road Bridge enters a critical phase and preparations for the new overhead line equipment continue.
As part of our work to reconstruct Splott Road Bridge we require a full road closure between 4 February and 27 February.
Pedestrian access over the bridge will be restricted at the following times:
• 7am on 12 February – 5pm on 12 February
• 7am on 13 February – 5pm on 13 February
• 7am on 14 February – 00.01am on 16 February
• 11pm on 16 February – 4am on 19 February
• 10pm on 24 February – 5am on 26 February
Demolition work will take place between 17 February and 19 February.
Network Rail will be holding drop- in events in Splott and Adamsdown on the following dates:
Clifton Street street surgery – 17 January, 3pm – 6pm.
Splott Drop-in event, Carlisle Bakery, Splott Road, 24 January, 3pm – 6pm